BSc, DDS, MAGD, FICOI
A lot has changed since Dr. Sferlazza first earned his Doctor of Dental Surgery degree at The University of Toronto in 1987. In fact, ever since 1989, when he began practising dentistry in Mississauga. Dr. Sferlazza started realising that the old “drill and fill” days of dentistry were long gone, and that patients are more aware, expect, and deserve the many modern oral health and cosmetic dentistry options available today.
Dr. Sferlazza recognises the importance of a beautiful smile and has, therefore, spent most of his career focusing on cosmetic dentistry and dental implants. Here’s a summary of the courses Dr. Sferlazza has completed over the past few years:
- 2001 and 2002: A mini-residency program in the field of Oral Implantology
- 2005 and 2006: Level 1 & 2 Certification in Invisalign* (invisible braces)
- 2006: Mastership Award from the Academy of General Dentistry.
- 2007: Dr. Sferlazza received his Fellowship in the International Congress of Oral Implantology.
- 2008: Dr. Sferlazza shared his expertise at the University of Toronto, as an instructor for the Cosmetic Dentistry course.
- 2009: American Laser Certificate in the use of lasers for hard and soft tissue treatment related to dentistry.
- 2012: Completed his studies in Advanced Techniques in occlusion, TMJ Dysfunction and Comprehensive Care at the Seattle Institute. Dr. Sferlazza has also completed advanced courses in Implant Bone Grating Techniques and Sinus Surgery and earned a certificate in Oral Plastic Surgery.
- May 2017: Successfully completed the Standard Proficiency examination as recognized by the Academy of Laser Dentistry
Dr. Sferlazza continues to take courses all over North America. He is involved in Research and Development and has been published in several dental journals. Ultimately, Dr. Sferlazza’s greatest reward is creating beautiful, healthy smiles for his patients. Rest assured you are in good hands with one of the leaders in the dental field.
Some of Dr. Sferlazza’s hobbies include tennis, cycling, theatre, outings to Niagara-on-the-Lake, and maintaining a healthy lifestyle.