Why Choose Dental Veneers?
Dental veneers are sometimes referred to as porcelain veneers. They are custom made tooth shells that are bonded to the front of a tooth. They are made of thin dental materials so they are a much less invasive way to change the look of your smile. With veneers, you can change the colour, shape, size, or length of your tooth.
What Can Dental Veneers Fix?
- Discoloured teeth due to root canal treatment, stain buildup, stains due to drugs.
- They can cover up white spots due to excess fluoride.
- Large fillings may sometimes discolour a tooth, these can be fixed with veneers.
- Chipped teeth or broken teeth.
- Worn down teeth.
- They can be used to close spaces or gaps between teeth.
- They can also improve your smile by evening out unaligned teeth or irregular shaped teeth.
Advantages of Dental Veneers
- A natural tooth look can be achieved.
- They usually react well with your gums.
- Veneers are resistant to staining
- The whiteness of your smile can be improved with veneers
- Veneers are a conservative approach and don’t require invasive procedures like a dental crown does.
Disadvantages of Dental Veneer
- The procedure is not reversible.
- The colour of the veneer cannot be changed after it is bonded.
- Constant grinding or clenching of your teeth can cause veneers to crack or chip.
What Are The Steps?
The first step requires preparing the tooth that will have the veneer bonded to it. A very small amount of your tooth’s enamel is removed from your existing tooth. A dental impression is taken of your prepared tooth and the veneer is created using the dental impression. Temporary dental veneers can be made while awaiting the permanent veneers from the dental lab. Once the permanent dental veneers are ready, they are permanently cemented or bonded to your existing tooth.
If you are interested in getting veneers, contact us to schedule a consultation!